Billed as “the thinnest, smallest and toughest sports watch Suunto has ever released,” the Suunto 9 Peak is unveiled today with “every feature of that watch plus much more.” It’s 37 percent thinner and 36 percent lighter than earlier Suunto versions with a new minimalistic Nordic design.
The Suunto 9 Peak comes with all of the features the Suunto 9 family is known for, including up to 170 hours of GPS recording capacity with an intelligent battery management system, more than 80 sport modes like running, hiking, mountain biking and skiing, customizable screens to show the most relevant data for exercise, accurate wrist-based heart rate monitoring, in-depth weather insights and expansive on-watch navigation capabilities.
Other upgrades for the Suunto 9 Peak include:
- Blood oxygen level measurements to help determine acclimation levels at higher altitudes
- Automatic backlight intensity adjustment depending on lighting conditions
- Faster charging: 100 percent battery in one hour
- Improved watch strap with new metal fastening pin
- Added watch face that showcases weekly training metrics and inspires new routines
- Bluetooth 5 doubles the sync speed between watch and Suunto app
The Titanium models have an MSRP of $699.00; Standard models: $569.00. The pre-sale and launch re today, May 25, and it will be available for purchase at Suunto.com on June 17.