AfterShokz, the manufacturer of bone conduction headphones, has launched its Making Stridez Grant for high school and Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) track and field and cross-country teams. The new initiative will help financially support deserving team programs in celebration of Global Running Day, which takes place annually on June 3.
From May 1 through June 15, AfterShokz will be accepting grant nominations for coaches and programs that have positively impacted the youth running communities they serve. Nominations are open to the general public. Each nominated coach and program will be eligible for a chance to receive a $3000 grant from AfterShokz, Goodr Sunglasses for their entire team, and a Team Prize Pack including AfterShokz headphones and $250 shared gift cards from Science In Sport, Nathan Sports, NUUN, Orange Mud and Zealios.
Once nominations close on June 15, semi-finalists will be notified and will be required to submit a short video explaining their need and how the grant would assist with furthering the betterment of their program. The grant-winning program and two finalists will be announced on August 13, 2020.
The Making Stridez Grant further supports AfterShokz’s commitment to philanthropic efforts while also introducing a new group of runners to a suite of products designed to keep runners inspired, entertained, and safe. The new grant creates another opportunity for AfterShokz to serve and connect with both its customers and the global running community at large.
“When it comes to choosing company initiatives, authenticity is most important to us and this grant is a testament to that focus,” says Kim Fassetta, CMO at AfterShokz. “Since our start, we’ve cultivated a company culture built on the pillars of dedication and community service. In addition to doing our part to raise awareness and give back to those who have helped build a framework for the running communities of these schools and club programs, this grant furthers our commitment to keeping people safe and equipped to achieve their best.”
Qualifications and prize details:
- This grant is open to U.S applicants only
- All entries must be submitted using the online nominations form found at aftershokz.com/makingstridez
- The deadline for all entries is June 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST
- The awards nominations are free to submit, and there is no limit to the number of nominations that can be submitted, but you can only submit one nomination for each coach or program.
- The winner and top two finalists will be announced on August 13, 2020.
- One winner will receive a $3,000 grant from AfterShokz, Goodr Sunglasses for the entire team, and a Team Prize Pack including AfterShokz headphones for their team, and $250 shared gift cards from Science In Sport, Nathan Sports, NUUN, Orange Mud and Zealios.
- The remaining top two finalists will receive a Team Prize Pack including AfterShokz headphones for their team, and $250 shared gift cards from Science In Sport, Nathan Sports, NUUN, Orange Mud, and Zealios.