In one of the more creative and novel marketing and sales efforts unveiled in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Ultra Running Company, based in Charlotte, NC, is offering what it calls its “Runner’s Select” Program with the tagline “It's time to imagine a new way to Learn To Love To Run.”
“Imagine never buying a pair of shoes again,” the retailer says. ”Imagine working with the Ultra Running Company team to build a holistic program designed just for you. Imagine paying a simple monthly fee to experience the very best we have to offer in Training, Racing, Social interaction and Shoe choice.”
Basically, members pay a set fee – there are four different levels – for a suite of benefits that vary of the level chosen by the participant. It is designed as a great way to build customer loyalty, lock in regular on-going sales and build a unique community in the Charlotte area.
The biggest difference in the programs is the amount of new “free” shoes the members receives every year.
There are four levels of Programs.
- URC Runner’s Select Program – Wellness ($59.99 a month), which offers a choice of two pairs of running shoes a year.
- URC Runner’s Select Program – Race ($74.99 a month), which offers three pairs of running shoes a year.
- URC Runner’s Select Program – Distance ($89.99 a month), which offers a choice of four pairs of running shoes a year.
- URC Runner’s Select Program – Ultra ($114.99 a month), which offers a choice of six pairs of running shoes a year
In addition to the “free” shoes, (all allow members to access to every running shoe in the URC lineup — regardless of price or brand), the Runner’s Select Program benefits for all levels include:
- A Results-Driven, Customized Training Program
- Two Race Registrations Per Year
- Facilitated, weekly Wednesday run group with URC Staff (ZOOM Meetings during COVID-19 period)
- Member-exclusive URC Runners Select Shirt by Recover Brands
- Weekly E-Communication Engagement
- Members-Only Discounts (15 percent Off Everything)
- Early Access to Sales and Events
- Monthly Educational Seminars / Events
- Zwift Runpod Virtual Reality Running Device
- Strava / Facebook Group moderation