Balega aims to eliminate the most common ailment among runners with its new UltraGlide sock. Many runners struggle with hot spots, a pre-blister state that can lead to the formation of a blister. The UltraGlide is specifically designed to prevent hot spots with Balega’s friction-free technology.
Key UltraGlide features include:
- Strategically placed, varied density cushioning pads, designed to protect the most vulnerable weight-bearing areas of the foot from blisters.
- Balega’s proprietary Drynamix fibers wick moisture away from the skin, reducing the friction potential and mechanical stress in the heel and ball of the foot, keeping feet cool and dry.
- Friction-free yarn that wraps around the first metatarsal head to the first toe joint to account for bunions or arthritic deformities.
- Anatomically-shaped left/right construction with seamless toes to minimize exposure to blisters.
- Heel tab to protect skin from blisters commonly caused by the friction of footwear near the Achilles tendon.
The snug arch bands provide support and a compressive fit while ventilation panels offer breathability. The cushioned V-shaped band on top of the foot offers relief from shoelace pressure and the double tab liners hold the sock securely in place. Unique to all Balega products, these socks are hand inspected for quality and feature a hand-linked toe closure system for a seamless, non-irritating fit.
The new UltraGlide socks will be available August 1 and will retail for $16 MSRP.